Introducing Fashion & Beauty Blogger, Jiawa Liu from ClosetVoyage.com.
1. How old are you, where are you from and how long have you been blogging?
I'm 28, I’m from Canberra Australia and I’ve been blogging for 2 years.
2. What do you think separates your blog from the rest?
Closet Voyage covers everything to do with looking fabulous. It’s not just a beauty blog, a fashion blog, or a personal style blog, but all of these in one.
3. What would you consider to be the best part of blogging?
Not having to apologise for being a total camera whore - when asked why I take so many selfies: It's for my blog, of course!
4. Describe your style in 5 words.
Eclectic, colourful, quirky, spontaneous and not to forget, fun.
5. Who are your fave designers international and local?
I think I have a thing with designers whose names start with ‘A’! My first love is Alexander Wang, for his slouchy chic style and impeccable accessories. Aussie designer Alice McCall is a definite favourite, as is Aussie and New Zealand label, Antipodium. These two designers speak to the two extremes of my personal style, one being free-spirited and ultra-feminine and the other being sharp and minimalistic. As for labels which don’t start with 'A', I love 3.1 Phillip Lim and Tibi.
6. How would describe Aussie street style/ fashion as a whole?
It’s hard to pin Aussie style down to a single description, as we are incredibly diverse, but I think in general Aussies are unique in the way we pull off casual so well. And I'm not talking the singlet and shorts cliché that a lot of people overseas associate with Aussies! Aussies have a gift for making both chain store and high end pieces look laid back and deceivingly effortless. I think it’s reflective of our laid back lifestyle and culture.
7. What are your top beauty essentials?
BB Cream, eyebrow pencil and a bright lippy - three products to instantly transform you from just-out-of-bed to photo-shoot-ready.
8. Finish this sentence. Viparo represents........
Raw youthfulness and tough luxe.
9. What's your staple or go-to piece in your wardrobe?
An oversized button up shirt. Wear it tucked as a top, pull a sweater over the top and it's a skirt, and throw it over as a jacket - so much potential.